CLEANING GLASS RAILINGS
Glass railings are increasingly becoming the go-to choice for patios, decks and balconies. Their modern look makes them stand out from other materials like wood or metal, all while providing a beautiful, unobstructed view of your surroundings. Glass panels are an affordable way to imbue your property with an air of sophistication. And when it comes to maintenance, you really only have to be concerned about cleaning them every now and then. If you have glass railings installed on your property, here are a few simple tips for keeping them clean.
- Make sure you are using distilled water. Many property owners with glass railings make the mistake of cleaning them with hard water. The danger here is that hard water contains minerals that can scratch the glass panels. Rather than using water straight from the faucet, try to use distilled or filtered water instead.
- Wipe with newspaper. You may be surprised to learn that newspapers are great for cleaning glass railings. Newspapers are lint-free, meaning you won’t have to worry about lint debris being left on your the surface. Try to find newspaper pages with minimal print on them so that the ink doesn’t smudge over the glass.
- Clean up bird waste. Perhaps one of the nastiest things you’ll have to worry about with any outdoor railing is bird waste. It’s best to get rid of bird droppings as soon as you spot them, as you don’t want them to dry up. When cleaning dry droppings, make sure to moisten them first with a wet sponge. Avoid scrubbing too hard as the sharp sediments within the bird droppings could scratch your glass.
- Add lemon to your cleaning solutions. While glass is easily washed with just water and a few drops of dishwashing detergent, a few spoons of lemon juice can also help. Because lemon is acidic it will assist in removing tough stains. Plus, it’ll leave a nice clean smell on your sparkling glass panels.
- Use a razor blade with extreme caution. In some cases, window washers will suggest using a razor blade to remove the most stubborn glass stains. If you decide to go this route, you must be sure that it is free of dirt specks or other debris that may scratch the glass. Furthermore, you must apply only the right amount of pressure to avoid damaging the glass. If it’s not absolutely necessary, stick to using squeegees.
Oval shower tray of technical stone
SHOWER TRAYS. Can be made of natural and synthetic stone.
Sliding system Glass
The best materials, high quality components and precision machining are the characteristics of ou...
Folding shower screen Paris 3 /Harmonica type/
Paris with three folding doors. Suitable for small places.
Pergola Model Liechtenstein
Pergola - Lihtenshtayn is the technological product that provides for use in all kinds of ar...
Glass partition San Marino /folding/
Glass partitions model of San Marino are constructed from KERAGLASS, especially for interior appl...
Folding Shower screen - Paris 2 /harmonica type/
Shower screen with folding doors. Comfortable and space saving, especially for small bathrooms. C...
Glazing on the terrace Krit 2 Elegant
Without frame, removable, retractable glass panels offering flexible solutions for better use of ...
Glazing system Brno Thermo +
The heat-insulated version of Brno Thermo + provides 4.3 times more insulation than one glass, ...